Friday, March 5, 2010

nervous walkies

I had a very nervous walk tonight. The lackey ignored the sky patterns that said rain was close and went out anyway and she started out normal - until we changed route. Instead of going around the narrow street that comes back to the park, we went straight on and came around the big road that circles back to the other street and then back to the park. A couple of times, I had to stop and look up at the lackey to check on her. It doesn’t pay to kill your lackey during a towing session – their dead weight on the other end of the lead can make getting home a little difficult. I would stop every now and then, look up with the appropriate “pat me now” expression and she would obey so I was relatively sure she was alright. Mind you, the puffing and sweating by the time we got home was not what one expects from one’s human servant. I shall have to insist we walk more so I can tow her to fitness.

No comments: