Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Dylan came over

Dylan and his lackey paid us a visit last night so I got fed early so all the food was gone before he arrived. The mongrel still found a piece of old marrow bone I hadn’t buried. I thought about taking it off him but really, all the good bits were long gone so I let him carry it around for a couple of laps of the yard. He couldn’t find a place to bury it either so my lackey confiscated it. Good lackey. Dylan behaved himself quite well so it was a rather pleasant evening playing chasey in the yard while our lackeys ate and talked. By the time they left, I was quite tired and didn’t mind that we had skipped our walk, made the lackey play tug-of-war for a while instead. I love these soft ropes that she buys for me to destroy. This one has two loops and I’ve left one side intact for my lackey to hang onto, the other loop is slowly being reduced to tiny, tiny pieces scattered over the mat in the noisy room. The lackey makes small attempts to pick up the pieces by hand some nights but gives up very quickly. I think that means that this weekend will be the “grumpy lackey tidy up the house” weekend. In a rare moment of weakness, I thought ahead a little and let the lackey get a good night’s sleep. I only woke her twice – once to get into her room and onto the best bed and then another when I felt she was just beginning a good dream. If they think you are evil at times, they give you treats more often just for being normal.

No comments: