Saturday, March 27, 2010

cleaning up

On the days when the lackey doesn’t dive out of bed when the radio comes on, she spends some time with me and then tidies our home. It is her job after all but today I got the chance to help. The other day, the lackey came home with a lunchbox that was not empty. Usually, the lunchbox goes on the bench but this time it went in the fridge. This means there is something very interesting in the lunchbox that I should know about because I’m used to hearing “so, Lucy, what’s in the fridge today?” and the answer should be “my dinner”. We went for our lap around he houses and the lunchbox stayed in the fridge – three nights running. Then today, the lackey started cleaning and washing and whatever else it is she does when I nap. When I came back inside to check on her progress, the lunchbox was on the tv room table, lid still on. It stayed there while the lackey did something in the laundry and when she came back, she had a drink and a treat for me and opened the lunchbox and it smelled very, very yummy. The lackey ate some, gave me my treat and then put the lunchbox in the back corner of the lounge with the little table blocking it and went back to the laundry. She thought the lunchbox was safe. The lackey is an idiot. I got up on my lounge, walked to the end, jumped over onto her lounge, walked to the end and reached the lunchbox. It was awesome. I ate the entire contents including the rather tasteless skin on the peanut butter goodness and the leftover skins from what the lackey had already eaten. Then because it was cleaning day, I did my bit and licked the lunchbox clean then jumped back onto my own lounge. That’s about when the lackey came back, looked at me funny and said “why can I smell peanut butter?”, then she saw the lunchbox and I got another funny look “oh, Lucy, you didn’t eat the cupcakes paper and all?” Well, yeah, you stupid talking monkey, that’s what you get for leaving food lying around where a beautiful and clever dog can find a way to get to it.

No comments: