Sunday, March 14, 2010

tired lackey - again

Sometimes you have to refresh their training. This morning, the lackey did not get up and get my breakfast on time. Unacceptable. I woke her every time I got bored until she worked it out. Okay, so it was still dark and the lackey had a non-work day but that is no reason to stay in bed while I starve to death. Even then the lackey found an escape hole – she fed me, opened the back door so I could go pee in my favourite spot and then she went back to bed! Outrageous! I forgave her after giving her a lesson in what happens when you lay down near a fully awake and energetic dog. She didn’t really need to go and wash her face – I’d already done that. I let her sleep till the sun was up and the light was bouncing off the dining table and making nice shapes on the wall and then I jumped and licked until she growled me and yelled “alright, alright, I’m getting up”. A tired lackey is a grumpy lackey. I was a bit lenient then for the rest of the day and didn’t even eat anything important while she went out to buy me stuff. Although I’m sure she had something more in the bags than just the one new chew toy I got. Still, I got treats for having to stay home and a nice long walk around and through the park so all in all, I won’t kill the lackey in her sleep this week.

No comments: