Tuesday, March 16, 2010

I tried

I tried, I really did. Some days my lackey seems a little lack-lustre so I thought I’d help her get out and meet people. Every other lackey I see, I drag her over and she says hello while I get a good sniff – yesterday we met Alexi, Ebony and Mitchell and their lackeys whose names were not exchanged. Tonight, as we went through the park, I noticed a male lackey without a canine sitting on the grass fixing his shoes and plugging cords into his ears. As we got nearer, the lackey veered away but he looked fit and healthy, so I tried to drag her closer. I almost made it, I almost reached him but the lackey put on a final surge of strength and pulled me up short. When I gave up and trotted back out in front of her, I got a “good girl”. Huh? Was I good because I didn’t get to lick the male lackey’s lower back? Was I good because I took strain off the lead and the lackey’s shoulder by coming back closer to her legs? Idiot human, he smelled quite nice in an athletic way. She could have at least said hello while I got to lick his leg. She could have let me get that much of a taste.

No comments: