Friday, March 19, 2010

takeover attempt stalled

The idea was to take over sole use of the big bed. I planned to go about this by several steps -
  1. be sweet and adorable and get into the room before the lackey goes to bed
  2. be asleep right in the middle of the bed to make the lackey sleep crooked
  3. wake the lackey up at regular intervals during the night to get her tired and grumpy
  4. wear the lackey down so that the next time she walks in her room, sees me in the middle of the bed asleep she just gives up and goes to sleep in the other room on the lounge

I over-played it. The lackey countered with meaty treats, a nice long walk and a serious game of tug-of-war that plain tuckered me out. Then while I was asleep on my mat, she went to bed. Rats.

Still, the meaty treats were fabulous. I got a kidney, an actual sheep kidney and a chunk of tendon with flesh hanging off it. Drool was the only response. Well, that and burying the chunk till it smells better. I trotted back in with my nose covered in dirt, proud as punch and what does the lackey do? Wipes it off. Or tries to, the belly dancing exercises came in handy to squirm out of her grip. But then we got into the tug-of-war thing and well, a good night's sleep for us both. I said thank you this morning by licking her pillow clean while she was in the shower.

1 comment:

Shel said...

Better luck next time :)