Monday, April 12, 2010

Nanna and Pop are here!

The lackey’s mum and dad are here. They live a long way away but have turned up in their huge car to sleep in the one room in the house I am not allowed to sleep in. At least now, I know what that room is for. Pop is cool – he gives me toast crust and plays tug-of-wars with me – although I do have to rein myself in and not pull too hard coz he’s not quite as strong as the lackey. Not yet anyway and I have already begun his training. Nanna is the delicate one. I can’t jump up on Nanna or stand up on her legs are use her arm as a ladder. She’s the harder nut to crack when it comes to treats and she doesn’t like me yelling at the neighbours either. But she’s cool coz we have the same afternoon nap times. The lackey has also stayed home for most of the day. More than normal anyway and something special has happened because when I jumped on her head this morning to wake her up, I was told very firmly – I’m on holidays Lucy, I’m allowed to sleep in. Oh, okay but you do know the sun is up and I haven’t been fed – right? It took me another long while of jumping and poking and face cleaning before the lackey did her usual routine of growling at me and getting up. I was so excited about getting crusts from Pop that I forgot to eat my breakfast. When the lackey saw this, she grumbled something about staying in bed next time. No, I don’t think so.

No comments: