Monday, April 19, 2010

I’ve been away

Last Thursday with no ceremony, the lackey and Pop took me to a holiday camp. There were plenty of other dogs there and all of them in fine voice. The lackey took me into a small brick room and the nice man in the tough trousers bought me a hessian bed and the loveliest blue soft fluffy blankie. Then the lackey left. I ate well, loved everyone who fed me, slept late and even managed to loose a little weight before Pop came and got me and took me home. The lackey was no-where to be seen and the house smelled like she hadn’t been there for days. The cow – she’d dumped me into fat camp and then left the state! She came back tonight very tired and very happy and talked and talked about sweet guys and gracious actors she had met over the days we had been apart. Her litter-mate seemed to be the same when we all had dinner together at Dylan’s house. The lackey seemed to have missed me.

No comments: