Monday, April 26, 2010

I’ve won over Nanna

Nanna hadn’t been giving me treats. Nanna had been saying “Lucy, no” a lot. Nanna was regularly giving the lackey advice on how to train me better. This had to stop. So I tried a few things – tripping her, sitting at her knee crying, dropping my rope on her foot. Nothing. Then I had a brilliant idea and today, I tried it out. While the lackey, Pop and Nanna were watching something they said was “the foot-ee”, I got up on the lounge between the lackey and Nanna and feigned sleep with my jaw on Nanna’s leg. Nanna stopped yelling at the footy (apparently the footy man wasn’t kicking the ball enough) and I felt her hand on my back then heard the sound that all canine masters know is the sound of a new lackey being won over – awwwwwww. When she let me stay there, I knew she was turning. When she told the lackey she didn’t want to get up to go pee in case it woke me, I knew I had won. Later, Nanna gave me a biscuit and asked the lackey if I had enough to eat. Victory is mine.

No comments: