Monday, February 8, 2010

still the same bone

The marrowbone I was given ages ago has finally aged well and I have started eating it. The marrow only needed a few days to ripen but the bone took the required full week. It was on that lovely balance point of just about to turn from greeny-red to green and that’s the perfect moment to begin. I ate one end off entirely and decided to leave the rest – no use hurrying perfection. The lackey noticed it coming back in from our tow around the houses. She waved at it and asked me something but she should have known better than to expect me to answer her. Still they keep trying, bless ‘em. They keep talking toward you as though you give half a dead rat about whatever it is they feel the need to whine about. One of these days, she’ll catch me in the wrong mood and I’ll whine back.

No comments: