Monday, July 12, 2010

Our Anniversary

Friday - Six months today that I’ve had this current lackey. I think she’s slowly getting to be where I need her to be. 7/10 - could try harder. I am expressing my disappointment in her lack of effort by continuing to wake her up each night. I may have to review this policy as the whole “a tired lackey is an obedient lackey” fails to account for her streak of rebellion.
Sunday - We’ve been over visiting Dylan and his lackey a couple of times this week as the lackeys have some new tv show they are watching. Dylan and I have fun keeping his neighbours alert and the cat he is cruelly forced to share the house with well away while we’re both there. Although, the ginger fluff factory was in the yard last night. It was lucky I was too focused on the yumminess in my bowl to realise it was sitting on the outside table watching me. When I lifted my nose from the now clean bowl, it was just in time to see a tail disappearing off the edge of the deck. I gave chase. The damn thing was too fast and too familiar with pre-planned escape routes for me to catch it. I did give the lackey a stern talking to when I got back to the door as she had just stood there, watching me eat, without pointing out the cat to me. Bad lackey.

No comments: