Friday, June 4, 2010

Too damn cold

I’ve had to wake the lackey in the middle of the night the last two nights to complain about the lack of heat in our bedroom. Rather than turn the big heater on, she added another blanket to the bed. But did she consider me in this? I don’t think so. This morning, I couldn’t take it any more and woke the lackey, to which she complained – how the hell do you know when it’s 2am, huh? I washed her ears out to help her ability to hear my teeth chattering and she reached out to cuddle me. This was my moment! With her arm up and out, the edge of the blankets was lifted off her shoulders and I could plunge in the gap and crawl down to the bottom of the toasty warm bed and slobber on her feet. She said some bad words but when she sat up she also muttered about how cold it was so I was allowed to stay in the warm at the bottom of the bed. Just as bloody well!

No comments: