Thursday, October 21, 2010

Things haven’t been quite right lately

A few weeks ago, the weirdness started. The lackey always cleans the house on a not-going-to-work-tomorrow day and then one night, she just up and started cleaning. Even got the noisy red thing out the cupboard – don’t make me shove you with the vacuum Lucy. On a work night? Okay, I can let that go. Then the next morning, she walks out the gate – she does know she hasn’t taken the car, right? I did grumble a bit and she shushed me and acted like this was normal – and then that night, she’s not home at dark. Umm, should I be worried? Nope – all is okay, I can hear her outside getting out of a car and talking to someone I don’t know. I am in heaven – it’s a spare lackey! This new lackey brings bags of stuff in and settles into nanna and pop’s room – ahhhh that explains the cleaning thing. But the next day, they went out and left me all on my own for the evening! Monkeys! Then joy of joys, the next day after that, another spare lackey! This one was very experienced and we bonded immediately as I could smell at least two masters on her clothes. We had a grand day in – Dylan and me tearing up the back yard and our lackeys and a spare lackey EACH for us. Then the next day another spare lackey turned up! More people in and out the house than ever with this lackey and I didn’t have time to worry with all these extra scratches and treats and cuddles. But then a few days later things changed again. We spent a lot of time at Dylan’s as our lackeys talked and talked and talked. Seems something is wrong with pop. Something he’s going to have to see a vet about. Vets are sometimes good, sometimes bad but they always stick metal things where you don’t want them to. The lackeys think he’ll be fine but they’re planning something, something I don’t think I’m going to like. I got my answer last weekend – I stayed the night with Dylan and the lackey was nowhere to be seen! Dylan’s lackey came over and chatted to my lackey (normal) and then my lackey put my harness on (normal) and then Dylan’s lackey took my lead and put me in her car and drove away (so very not normal!). It wasn’t until the next afternoon that my lackey came and got me. Boy was I happy to see her! I mean it wasn’t that bad. I had to eat outside coz it’s Dylan’s kitchen floor after all. I had to sleep on the outside of the bed coz it’s Dylan’s bed and it’s his lackey. But she fed me and I got treats and Dylan played nice – mostly - so that’s all okay. But I don’t think the weird stuff is over yet. The lackey is being super sooky and cuddly and I’m getting away with all sorts of things she normally yells at me for. She has been so off her game that our brain connection broke down and I couldn’t get her to do stuff for me there for a while but the other night, she was lying down and I jumped up onto the lounge and leaned on her chest and licked her face. She ewwwww-ed and carried on but mission successful, some of my spit got in her eye and soaked into her brain and we are as one again. Now, I have to get her to give you all this update and go buy me some more treats.

No comments: